Internship and Volunteer Opportunities near Kandy: Data Analytics, Writing, IT, Communication and Administration
Two charitable organizations that focus on science for sustainable development and research for social work respectively are seeking for interns and volunteers. Some of this work shall cross both areas while other shall be largely in the one. The science work is in the area of climate informatics while the social work is to document impacts of the recent disasters in Kandy. Work can be in offices in Kengalla, Digana, and Akurana all about 10-15 km to the East and North of Kandy. Interns must be motivated, aspire to high quality outcomes, work well with others, and be willing to engage the disaster-affected. Guidance and opportunity for enterprise and growth shall be provided.
Internships: Open to those amidst or awaiting entry to diplomas and degrees in these disciplines:
- Analytics: Statistics, Mathematics, Physics
- IT: Data Science, Instrumentation, Web Development, Informatics
- Writing: Journalism, Non-Fiction
- Communication: Writing, Graphics, Video, Social Media, Multi-media
- Administration: Secretarial, Management IT
General Attributes: Applicants possess the following attributes.
- Office IT skills
- Able to work in a challenging environment
- Ability to work in a diverse team
- Have a good command of English
- Competence in Sinhala, Tamil and other languages
- Ability to work independently and conscientiously
- Be well organized
Volunteers are welcome with such expertise and outlook –those who wish to pass on their skills and mentor junior staff are welcome. Some volunteer work from offsite shall be useful. We can cover all costs for volunteers.
Tropical Climate is a non-profit charitable organization which undertakes socio-economic, scientific, and engineering, research and publishing, advocacy, training and education Digana and Akurana. Disaster Services uses Scholarship for Disaster Risk Management and Post-Disaster in Kengalla.